About Me

My photo
My friends and I are students. We study, we drink, we smoke, we fornicate and we constantly embarrass ourselves. If you get easily offended, I would strongly advise against reading. Everyone else; enjoy!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Writer's whisper

Another diary bit:
           "If I had enough money, I would probably publish my own book. I know it sounds really pathetic and that most likely nobody would read it, except my friends (who would be obliged to) and maybe couple of acquaintances (who would only be interested to see if I had something to say about them), but I would really like an opportunity to hold in my hands a hardcover book imprinted with my name on it. If I ever got that opportunity, my name would be in capital letters, BOLD, and printed in some fluorescent color that would be visible from outer space. Also, the hardcover would come in handy to enable more devastating damage when beating certain individuals with it.
           I don't know what makes a good writer. I think I have some talent bottled up inside, but I have no persistence necessary to complete a project. I had ended only two grand projects. One is a fantasy novel which I wrote back in high school, when such things fascinated me. Even though my computer had been crashing every single week, it never occurred to me to save that story on a CD. That's why I lost it. I think I even managed to complete the second part of that story, too. No use in remembering since that was almost certainly deleted as well."

           I like to gossip, I admit it. I love knowing interesting stories concerning other people. It's present all around. I know people talk nasty things behind my back, too. It's in our nature.Now, I have only one rule. We never invent gossips, we merely discuss them. I have an acquaintance who condescends on us because of many things; smoking, drinking, not having a steady job, not attending classes regularly, for living in garbage (this happens only once in a while), for embarrassing ourselves in public by laughing loudly or attracting unwanted attention, for being happy and normal, for living in an apartment and enjoying some sort of independence, for being unbelievably ignorant about the things that 'matter' (I have to take a small pause and laugh here) and for gossiping. Of course, he is stuffed with virtues the same way a piece of shit is stuffed with vitamins.
           I wouldn't exactly call it gossiping. We're more like very well informed. For example, we don't know our professor's e-mail when we have to send her our assignments, but we do know that she hasn't shaved her bottom region in years but only trims it to make it look more appealing. Useful stuff.
          Of course, there are those exceptions when gossiping comes to bite us in the ass. This year we got a new professor of English Language Practice. He's a bit of a sissy and spineless, but cute and nice nevertheless. A real sweetheart.  Also, we have a local tyrant amongst students, called Gertrude. She's usually very bitter and she never misses out on a good opportunity to show other students and professors that she's better than them. She was really rude to him, but nothing too serious. I commented about this to one of my fellow students and in merely 20 minutes, it got blown out of proportion. By the end of the day, people were convinced that she attacked him and stabbed him in the chest repeatedly with a knife.



          

No comments:

Post a Comment