About Me

My photo
My friends and I are students. We study, we drink, we smoke, we fornicate and we constantly embarrass ourselves. If you get easily offended, I would strongly advise against reading. Everyone else; enjoy!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Shut up and drive

          "Last week, I moved back home. I thought that commuting to college wouldn't be too hard, but that proved wrong. My bus lines are too few. This morning, my bus was taking off at 6.45, which meant that I had to get up at least at 5.15. Seeing that I had fallen asleep somewhat around 3.30 the previous night, I was utterly incapacitated when my alarm clock started ringing. Not even a horde of rabid monkeys trained in setting furniture on fire would have been able to force me out. I knocked the cell down from my table, enjoying the loud 'thud' it created when coming in contact with the floor. My eyes remained glued together and I refused to move. That was the point when I decided to skip the class. My mind was somewhat willing, but my body refused to cooperate. No, scratch that, both my mind and body were unwilling. If someone had literally lit my bed on fire that morning, I would have probably burnt down with it. 
           Somewhat around 10.30, I got up, make some extra strong coffee and sat in front of my computer. I talked to Ella, who had also skipped the same class, but for a much better purpose than just plain rest. She chose to stay in bed with her boyfriend. Damn, I hate her. Well, at least I'll win a bottle of tequila to poison myself with it."

It continues here:
          "As I have been commuting to college for the last couple of days, I started paying attention to our bus drivers. Ordinarily, I'm used to them being rude and audacious, but I actually met one who isn't. Today, he greeted me happily as I had been entering the bus and his tone of voice wasn't even condescending (though I had been a bit late). I don't know his name, so I call him Charlie. Charlie's in his late forties, slightly bald and wears glasses. He has rather thin lips, but a warm smile nevertheless. He's very nice. Though Charlie may be pleasant, he's a real psycho on the road. He drives like a lunatic; overtaking absolutely anything that comes along - tractors, trucks, other buses, cars, SUVs, bikes - doesn't matter as long as it's in front of him. Maybe he has a phobia of objects being in his way. The last time he had been driving, I dozed off a bit and my head was leaning towards the window. He drove into a curve at the speed of approximately 50km/h and this caused me to roughly crash my forehead against the glass. I woke up, confused, and unglued my head from the glass, leaving a greasy trail behind. I hate my complexion and my skin. 
           Charlie also likes to listen to radio loudly. I am very thankful for this. Other bus drivers turn the radio on, but only loud enough for them to hear it. In those cases, the tune's additionally muffled by the loud engine sounds so I have to listen to the song for couple of minutes before realizing which one it is. Plus, the moment I realize what song is playing, it's over. It's usually never loud enough for me to enjoy it. That's why I appreciate Charlie's attempts of turning the bus into a disco on wheels."

No comments:

Post a Comment